The National Jewish Sports Hall of Fame Museum will induct seven Jewish sports personalities during the organization's 18th annual induction ceremony on Sunday, April 18.
- World Championship Wrestling (WCW) and World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) two-time world heavyweight champion Bill Goldberg.
- Virginia Tech basketball coach Seth Greenberg.
- Seventh-degree black belt judo star and member of the International Women’s Sports Hall of Fame, Rusty Kanokogi.
- Four-time Olympic gold medal swimmer Jason Lezak.
- Penn State Women’s volleyball championship coach Russ Rose.
- Dick Traum was the first runner to complete a marathon with a prosthetic leg.
- Alan Veingrad, former Super Bowl champion offensive lineman, turned Chabad-Lubavitch and author.
The induction ceremony starts at 10:30am at The Suffolk Y Jewish Community Center, 74 Hauppauge Road, Commack, NY. For tickets or additional information contact Alan Freedman at 631-462-9800end_of_the_skype_highlighting, X119.
Thanks to Ron Kaplan for alerting readers to this event.
Anyone planning to attend the event? Can you share photos of the ceremonies?